This episode wasn't meant to be about Ivermectin, or Bret and Heather's unique ability to apply an 'evolutionary lens' to understand everything, including virology, epidemiology, immunology and the culture war... but it is.....
We meant to make a few topical comments prior to the main episode, but the comments led into some rants, and then with the clips, those rants metastasised into a full-sized episode. So the duo had to travel back in time to record a new introduction, and back again, forward this time, in time, to record the outro and it all got very complicated.
Anyway, it is what it is!
Bret and Heather are 95% sure that the COVID vaccines are like playing Russian Roulette with a loaded gun, and that the scientific and public health authorities are lying to everyone, and we would be better off avoiding these risky vaccines and taking Ivermectin instead. Bret even demonstrates how to swallow a pill live on air. But they are not anti-vax! No not at all. They're not conspiracy theorists either! Of course they're not. Conspiracy hypothesisers, maybe... but there is a crucial distinction there. Either way they have concerns, and Matt and Chris have concerns with their concerns.
So enjoy this very special 'meta' episode.
Also, stay tuned after the music ends for one of Matt's rare rants. Live mic situation, and Chris snuck it in there.
- DarkHorse Podcast Episode 80: What Covid Reveals About our Leaders
- DarkHorse Podcast Episode 79: #NotAllMice
- DarkHorse Podcast with Geert Vanden Bossche & Bret Weinstein
- ScienceBasedMedicine article examining the new hype over Ivermectin
- New Discourses Podcast Episode 35 (James Lindsay): How to End Vaccine Hesitancy
- Good article on Politifact covering the lab leak 'controversy'