In a way, we're all managing our personal brand in the infosphere aren't we? But Nathan Allebach, in a far more tangible way, really does manage brands - not just his own, but also for companies. And in managing the Steak-Umm brand on twitter, he drew attention by being one of the first to adopt a personal, authentic, and informative style - covering topics far beyond the world of frozen processed steak. Far from providing the typical zero-calorie bland corporate platitudes, Nathan quickly drew attention by delivering substantial threads on weighty topics like conspiracism and online disinformation. He played a delicate game of being edgy without being snarky or combative, providing informative and positive intellectual fare, nourishing both the hearts and minds of twitter users everywhere. As a hardened and savvy longtime twitter user, he's got a good understanding of the weirdness of Being Online, and the various ways to do so.
So, we were glad to have a chance to meat Nathan (virtually of course, not in the flesh), to get his insights on navigating the online world, on what it means to See and Be Seen there, and his personal approach to Doing It Right. He didn't share any Convenient Meat Recipes For Busy Professionals though, weirdly enough... Maybe we'll have to get him back for that.
- Brand Twitter Grows Up: Nathan's Article at The Vulture
- Steak Umm's Mega thread on Twitter
- Chris' Tweet threads about Pageau: here and here
- Jonathan Pageau: Why Human's Sacrifice
- Richard Dawkins & Jordan Peterson's discussion that features the DNA segment
- Chris' Article on Ritual & Religion at Aeon
- Chris' co-authored article on Trump's inauguration as a ritual event
Want to help us rate the Gurus? You can enter your own scores for any Guru here!