We are back with a double-bill decoding!
That's right like moths to the flame, or aliens to a Unified Geometric Field drive, we are back in Weinstein world.
This time we are looking at a conversation between the irrepressible (ex?) podcaster & mathematician, Eric Weinstein, and skeptical investigator, author, and recent guest on the show, Mick West.
The conversation here concerns the evidence for UAP/UFOs and the reaction of skeptics and advocates. It had the potential to be something forensic and transcendent but sadly it gets mired in the messy 'interpersonal drama' that Eric just hates so much and tries to avoid at all costs.
Nonetheless, there is much that can be learnt here, including: the linguistic complexities of the word 'flex', the precise levels of passive aggressiveness that a human mind can tolerate, if there is already secret anti-gravity tech, and whether our obsession with Einsteinian physics is what is stopping us from really understanding what is going on with UAPs.
We don't have answers. We are just asking questions... honest!
Also featured: a recent kerfuffle in the online psychology world over DEI statements, the numerology spectrum, the potential harms of green drinks, and much much more!
So join us, won't you, as we boldly venture through the outermost reaches of the gurusphere.
- Theories of Everything- Eric Weinstein & Mick West: UAPs, Evidence, Skepticism
- Jonathan Pageau: The Surprising Symbolism of 666
- QAnon Anonymous- Episode 168: The Mutant QAnon Numerology Cult in Dallas.
- Very Bad Wizards- Episode 263: Free Yoel
- Reason article on the Yoel Inbar incident
- 2020 Paper on the potential liver impacts of Green Tea Extract
- Mick West's Book- Escaping the Rabbit Hole: How to Debunk Conspiracy Theories Using Facts, Logic, and Respect