The hosts are certainly in no position to criticise someone for what they eat, with Matt unable to resist a Fosters and shrimps on a barbie, and Chris subsisting entirely on potatoes and Guinness.
But... neither host have yet attempted to live on an all meat diet.
Which is a shame, because according to Mikhaila Peterson and many others, meat and only meat is what you need. Sure, it's on the edgier part of the fad diet spectrum. But according to proponents: inflammation, depression, chronic Lyme disease - you name it, meat cures it.
In this episode you'll learn about the surprising diversity of customised, bespoke, and finely-tuned all-meat diets that are out there. You'll also learn more about Chris' two mortal enemies, the British and the Fish, and how Matt's snacking proclivities mean he is in perilous danger of becoming a fungus zombie.
More substantively, Mikhaila provides an interesting entry point to dig a little deeper into the psychological, psychosomatic, and physical problems that lead people into adopting this kind of restrictive practice. Just as Jordan Peterson discussed the truly horrific and destructive powers unleashed by sipping apple cider, there seems to be a common theme of attributing HUGE and dramatic powers to dietary choices. All of which is connected to existential concerns about what we put into our body, magical thinking about health and wellness, heuristics about purity, and anxieties about personal control. Get ready for lots of anecdotal reasoning and emotional testimonies of those with meat based lived experience.
Could an all meat diet be for you? Tune in, and find out!
- Top Carnivore Diet Doctor Tips | Ken Berry - MP Podcast #117
- Carnivore Anecdotes | Mikhaila Peterson Podcast #69
- Mikhaila Peterson Q and A 100th Podcast Episode
- Recent Times Article on Peterson that is highly critical of Mikhaila
- Nolan Investigates... Stonewall Podcast
- Unofficial Discord Thread on the Subreddit
- Medium Article by Matthew Remski on The New Age / Medieval Mortifications of Jordan Peterson
This Week's Sponsor
- Check out the sponsor of this week's episode, Ground News, and get the app at ground.news/gurus.