Apologies everyone, we've been compelled to break our 'golden rule' of interspersing decoding episodes with interview episodes. However, the opportunity to talk to the well-known psychologist, Professor Paul Bloom. There are so many reasons to talk to Paul: first, he's a walking, talking cornucopia of knowledge across so fields in psychology that fascinate Chris and Matt. He's also a prolific author, most recently of "Psych- The Story of the Human Mind", and previously with "The Sweet Spot" about pleasure and pain, and the controversial "Against Empathy". He's also a great educator, having created a bunch of open learning resources in introductory and moral psychology. In addition to the new book "Psych", which offers a layperson's introduction to psychology he is ALSO producing a new podcast with friend of the cast and no slouch at psychology himself, Very Bad Wizard/Psychologist, Dave Pizarro.
OK, that's enough reasons. There are probably more reasons, but we have provided enough. And anyway, who says we have to justify our guests and our interview to decoding schedule. We are free agents! We have agency... right?
In any case, you cannot complain too much as we felt bad and have thus included in the short intro segment a "mini" (40min!) decoding of the recent appearance of academic/political pundit, Matthew Goodwin, on Triggernometry. And it's a spicy one...
Next up Oprah! Coming soon...
- Paul Bloom & Dave Pizarro's Psych Podcast
- Paul Bloom's New Book: Psych- The Story of the Human Mind
- Paul's New Ted Talk on The surprising psychology behind your urge to break the rules
- Triggernometry- Matt Goodwin: We're in the Post-Populist Era
- New Statesman- Going native: How Matthew Goodwin became part of the right-populist movement he once sought to explain.
- Eliezer Yudkowsky's Tweet about bombing the WIV