Michael Shermer, a professional skeptic, recently appeared on the noted apolitical podcast Triggernometry to outline his advice on How to Spot a True Conspiracy Theory. Shermer is someone who has spent decades on the subject and just last year published a new book, Conspiracy: Why the Rational Believe the Irrational, so you might imagine he has some important insights to share.
Well... sort of.
Join us as we cast a quizzical eye over suggestions that every reasonable person should be a conspiracy theorist, Barack Obama may have been controlled by shadowy masters, the CIA invented the very notion of conspiracy theories, and that what we really need is to return the good old days when anti-Catholic and anti-Jewish conspiracies were commonplace and spoken of freely... yes, really!
Back soon enough with a full waffle episode!
- Triggernometry- Conspiracy Expert: How to Spot a True Conspiracy Theory
- Shermer explaining his Tweet endorsing Stefan Molyneux
- Shermer's participation in Dave Rubin's Book Club for Don't Burn This Book
- Shermer's 2021 interview with Bret and Heather with no mention of vaccines
- Shermer correcting his Tweet about the Nazis being leftwing
- Positive review at Skeptic for Milo's "Dangerous" Book
- Shermer explaining why he thinks it is good he mixes his Libertarian politics with his science/skepticism