Special Episode: Interview with Stuart Ritchie on Hunter Gatherers in the 21st Century, covid skeptics, and bad science
This week we have an engaging interview with the scientist, author, and public science communicator Stuart Ritchie. Stuart wrote the excellent 'Science Fictions: Exposing Fraud, Bias, Negligence and Hype in Science' and is a prolific advocate fr better science and more nuanced public discourse.
In this episode we start of by discussing Stuart's recently published review of Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying's new book 'A Hunter Gatherer's Guide to the 21st Century'. Was Stuart a fan and is now an acolyte of Weinsteinian lineage theory? Tune in to find out.
Also, for those who enjoy 'challenging conversations', robust discourse, and regularly shop in the marketplace of ideas, there is an extended discussion on whether we have been a little bit too kind on the government and public health institutions. Stuart uses facts and logic and attempts to DESTROY us, so come and get your well earned vicarious catharsis but be prepared for plenty of postmodern deflection. We've learned from the best.
- Stuart's Review of Bret & Heather's new book at the Guardian
- Website for Stuart's (Excellent) Book: Science Fictions
- Anti-Virus: The Covid 19 FAQ Website
- 'How the Experts Messed up on Covid' at Unherd by Stuart & Michael Story
- 'How Covid Skeptics were duped by the Wonderdrug Ivermectin' at New Statesman by Stuart
- Chris' Tweet-thread Chapter by Chapter review of Stuart's Book (use the hashtags to find the rest)
- Kevin Bird's Tweet with an extract from B&H's book
This Week's Sponsor
- Check out the sponsor of this week's episode, Ground News, and get the app at ground.news/gurus.